Public Sector Equality Duty and Accessibility Plan
Public Sector Equality Duty
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Our Equality Statement
At Shawley Community Primary School:
- We aim to be a community where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We want to make sure that our school is a safe and secure place for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same.
- We believe that everyone in the school is of equal value and should have equal opportunities in school, the community and in life. We aim to make sure that no-one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination because of:
- A disability.
- Ethnicity, colour or national origin.
- Gender identity (they have reassigned or plan to reassign their gender).
- Marital or civil partnership status.
- Being pregnant or having recently had a baby.
- Religion or belief.
- Sexual identity and orientation.
- We want everyone to reach their potential, and we recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decisions, especially pupils, parents and those of us who can be treated less favourably.
We are required to publish equality information as well as equality objectives, which show how we plan to reduce or remove particular inequalities or disadvantages. This information is reviewed and updated annually. Relevant policies that support this equality duty are contained on our policies page on this website and include, but are not limited to, policies such as our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy, Behaviour Policy and Equality Policy.
Please click here to access our Accessibility Policy.